It’s homecoming season! Do you know what that means? It’s time to pull out those dresses and paint your town red….or at least your shoes! Well maybe not red, Christian Louboutin took that idea but what if you wanted the soles of your shoes to have a hint of color without paying a hefty price! Well we have the DIY just for you!
Erica Stolman gave us this brilliant idea from her fashionlushxx blog.
- First, you have to prep your shoes. Clean the soles with rubbing alcohol.
- Second, Prime your shoes with white nail polish. We suggest getting a fine paint brush. You can cover more and get it done faster. Once you paint the sole of each shoe, let them dry. Use your best judgment for timing. 20-30 minutes should be good.
- Make sure you use a different paint brush when switching colors or clean your brush thoroughly. Nail polish remover works.
- Then, start painting your soles the color of your choice. You’re going to need between 2-5 coats so be prepared for the wait. Let dry for about thirty minutes in between coats for the best results.
- Now you have revamped your old “Go-To” heels!
- Erica used Wet’ n ‘ wild nail polish.
- You can also use Martha Stewart Crafts paint in your choice of color ; if you know anyone getting married who needs to wear something blue. Tell her to paint the bottom of her shoes :)
Audra from the Kurtz Corner made these beauties with just: