It’s summer, and while not many students are taking classes, we decided to give you some interesting Greek Life facts to think about as you wait for fall semester.
- All but 2 U.S. Presidents since 1825 have been fraternity members
- All 11 of the Apollo astronauts were members of Greek organizations
- Less than 3% of Americans are members of fraternities and sororities
- As undergraduates, Greeks raise approximately $7 million per year for charity
- The Greek system is the largest network of volunteers in the U.S. with members donating over 10 million hours of volunteer service each year
- 47 of north americas 50 largest corporations are lead by Greeks
- 63% of all U.S. cabinet members since 1900 have been Greek
- The largest Fraternity in the U.S. is Sigma Phi Epsilon
- The largest Sorority in the U.S. is Chi Omega
- There are 123 Fraternities and Sororities with 9 million members total
- Membership in a Fraternity or Sorority increases first year college retention
Hope you enjoyed those Greek Life facts! Greek Life helps members in so many ways…what’s the most surprise fact about Greek Life you’ve heard?